Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Easy Easter Egg Clean-up

Here's a little Works for Me Wednesday tip I gleaned from my dear mother-in-law.

Each year when we dye Easter Eggs she first pulls out an old vinyl tablecloth to cover our workspace. Here's is red and white checked. I bought a bright one covered in pictures of what else? Easter Eggs.


I've found that a vinyl tablecloth can be used for any art project. It's especially helpful for those messy preschool art projects.


So go ahead, get the whole family, grandparents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, mom and dad, involved in dying Easter Eggs this year. Let's see who can make the time consuming rainbow egg my husband always attempts. The whole point is having fun as a family and not worrying about dye on a table really helps that effort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true that predicted clean up time factors into whether to undertake a project. We always dye eggs at my mom's with many other cousins, etc. She has a great, "no worries, we have rags" attitude and that makes the activity much more enjoyable.

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Great tip - thank you for sharing.

The (Almost) Amazing Mammarino said...

I save the plastic tablecloths I used for my kids' birthday parties. I reuse them as many times as possible, then toss them when they get really trashed.

The ones you mentioned, of course, last much longer. I often find them for 50-75% off at Wal-Mart after most major holidays.

Thanks for sharing!