Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ham and Pineapple Over Rice - Yum!



Leftover ham. What do you do with it besides make sandwiches or stew? And if you're like me, what do you do with all that part at the end where they didn't spiral slice it? What were they thinking? It's like a bone got in the way or something.

I love left over ham. But even if you're tired of it, you'll love this recipe. It's one of my favorite recipes, because it's almost too easy to count as a recipe. Its What Works For Me.

Ham and Pineapple Over Rice
1 lb. or more Leftover Ham cut in small pieces (or ham steak)
1 Tablespoon oil
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 large can cubed pineapple in own juice
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
2 Tablespoons cold water
Cooked Rice
Saute ham in oil in large frying pan over medium heat until browned. Sprinkle with brown sugar. I might use more than 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar, but my sweet tooth is out of control. Stir until sugar is well dissolved. Pour pineapple and juice over ham. Stir occasionally as pineapple warms. Mix cornstarch into cold water. Pour into ham mixture and stir well until sauce thickens. Serve over rice.
Yummy!
Even my picky child will eat this. Okay, I pick the ham out and serve his rice plain, but we're all eating the same meal. :)
Check out other great tips at Shannon's Rocks In My Dryer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds yummy! Thanks!