Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Html Tutorials???



Today is Works For Me Wednesday: Backwards Edition. Everyone is seeking answers to a question they have.

I've decided I enjoy blogging. Which would explain why I get up with my husband at o'dark early, so I have time to post in the mornings. Now, I'm ready to learn a little about this Html code stuff.

I'm looking for an easy book about Html.

I don't want to design my own graphics at this point, but I would like to know how to manage a few things like putting comments in boxes with borders, changing the position of a picture, etc.

I'd love to hear about a website or book that could give me a few tutorials. Thanks for any ideas you can offer. Check out Rocks In My Dryer and share your wealth of knowledge.

5 comments:

Lorie said...

www.w3schools.net is a good resource.

Heather said...

http://www.webmonkey.com/webmonkey/authoring/html_basics/
is good. There is no reason to -buy- a book. There are tons of tutorials online for free. good luck!

Phyllis Sommer said...

i use blogger's help and faq for things like this too, i find it very useful. you don't need html training as much asyou need to know what you want and how to figure out how to get what you want. most of the stuff is "automated" and you don't actually ahve to write your own code. good luck.

GiBee said...

Blogging Basics 101 is a great blog geared just for these types of questions. They cover blogger, typepad and wordpress issues. I highly recommend it: http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/101/

And to make things easy on you, here is the link for a tutorial on how to put comments in boxes with borders... http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/101/2007/08/how-do-i-make-s.html

Anonymous said...

I usually google HTML Links and whatever it is I'm trying to do; Blogging Basics is a GREAT resource, too, as already mentioned.

It's a slow process, but I wish you well :).

(And thanks for your comment to me about "Snackalicious Super Dishes"!)