Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Having Lyme Together

"Mom, you never get the chance to be sick."

"No one ever asks how you're feeling. They don't seem very concerned that you have Lyme, too."

They do, but I try to keep the focus on her.

Also, I feel very guilty complaining about being sick myself when she is so very sick. It's like complaining about a paper cut to someone who had both their legs blown off. Unfortunately, I'm not that unselfish. I do complain. I even complain to her at times. But usually it's a, "Wow, you must feel this awful all the time. I'm so sorry," kind of complaint.

I realized very quickly that my Lyme infection is a gift. Learning through experience is the most complete way to learn. If I didn't have Lyme I would not understand half of what she's going through.

I understand...
...arms filled with lead tiredness.
...crying and crying and not really feeling sad, but not being able to stop.
...being too tired to shower.
...not caring if you ever wear anything besides pjs again. At least you don't have to think about pjs.
...that babesia treatment is hard. And LONG.
...how awful flagel tastes.
...the yucky, yellow mepron is a million, billion times worse.
...just the thought of mepron can make you throw up a little in your mouth.
...you dream of the day that there are no medicine bottles filling your cabinet, counter, bedside table.
...the couch is your best friend, but your bed is even better.
...charmin wipes are heavenly.
...choosing what to eat is an ordeal that could make you cry.
...reading takes way too much effort.
...not remembering what life is like when you're not sick.



1 comment:

pius m said...

Having time together with your loved ones very important.