Saturday, September 19, 2009

His Favorite Patrick Swayze Movie

As we finished reading the paper this morning and Hon started fantasizing about the delicious omelet he wanted the good fairy (yes, that would be me) to make, I noticed there's an all out Patrick Swayze movie marathon this weekend. I relayed this news to a salivating (over the thoughts of mushrooms and Swiss cheese, not Patrick Swayze) Hon.

"You know there's only one good Patrick Swayze movie?" he replied.

??? "You mean Point Break?"

"No. That one is pretty good though. But there's only one really good one. You know which one I mean." he said with assurance.

"Youngblood? The hockey one?"

"No."

"Red Dawn?"

"No. What's that?"

"You can't mean Ghost?" What man ever picks Ghost or Dirty Dancing?

"No. I mean the really good one. You know what I mean."

At this point I am scanning the list of movies offered wondering how many Patrick Swayze movies he'd seen when...

"You can't mean Road House???? That's like the worst one." Besides the North-South mini-series which I secretly LOOOOVED.

"Yeah! That's the one. It's great. When does it come on?"

So here's to Patrick Swayze. Thanks for years of entertainment and movies you can watch over and over again.

No comments: