Saturday, September 12, 2009

What is the Question to the Answer 42?

Fred loves "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." It makes him belly laugh until he cries tears of joy. I love watching him laugh that hard. Although I've seen the movie twice (the parts where I kept my eyes open) and heard him recite major portions of it to me more times than I remember, I'm not completely clear on the exact story line. Apparently a major part of the story line is they ask some all knowing computer (I think) what the answer to life is, and it says, "42." So the answer becomes a question.

What is the question to the answer 42?

As Fred watched me make alfredo sauce yesterday he finally discovered the question to the answer 42.

"How many tablespoons of butter does it take to make the perfect meal?"

No comments: