Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Something to Bark About

Do you hear a dog barking? Do you live in Northern Virginia?

It could be our dear Wink. It's 6:30 am, and I am sure we have neighbor's that would really like to sleep. However Wink has some kind of rather large critter treed next door. Oh, he's safely behind a fence just barking and jumping, but the raccoon/oppossum is sticking to its instincts. I can't tell exactly what the animal is because it is definitely clinging to the tree on the opposite side of our yard. I do have to say it's big enough that I'm glad it's on the other side of the fence.

Since the barking isn't stopping, I suppose I should put on some boots and wade through our yard and drag Wink back inside. It poured last night and our back yard has turned into one huge puddle; which is why I haven't ventured out to get him yet. I guess the neighborly thing one be to stop his barking...at 6:30 am.

I'll probably get a better look at that critter. I'll let you know how it goes.

I never got a better look. Wink had stopped barking and the critter had escaped. I'm pretty sure it was a raccoon from the fluffiness and color of its fur. A really BIG raccoon. I'm just glad it wasn't a skunk!

No comments: