Monday, March 10, 2008

Springing Forward

I love Spring. The grass looks greener, the sky is a beautiful blue, birds are chirping...and then we throw in that whole Spring Forward time change thing. We were fine with the time change yesterday. I set my alarm clock and even got us all to Sunday School on time. Which is actually the first time that's happened...um - ever.

Day 2 of time change is a different story.

As Hon was getting dressed I sat up in bed and contemplated actually waking up and having breakfast with him or laying in bed for another 10 minutes. I checked the time. I had to stare at the clock for a good amount of time before I realized 7:27 is too late to lay in bed any longer. Actually 7:27...Fred's bus should be rolling through our neighborhood right about - NOW!

Hon was not happy.

Hon skipped breakfast.

Hon grabbed breakfast bars to munch while sitting in traffic he usually avoids.

Hon probably will not recover from missing his quiet morning time in the office today.

I, on the other hand, thought the situation provided a little laughter to start our day. Fred made it to school only 10 minutes late. We pulled into the Kiss & Ride behind another student. I knew he wouldn't be the only one late. :)

Oversleeping threw my entire morning routine off, which completely benefited our younger two children. They were at school a little earlier than normal, because I didn't do anything I normally try to do in the mornings. In fact, it's 11 am I haven't showered, had breakfast, done the dishes, or began my list for the day, but I have had time to drink my coffee and enjoy the birds on this beautiful spring morning.

No comments: