Friday, June 6, 2008

Power Washing for Fun and Entertainment

Who knew power washing a deck was so much fun?

Now, I know why my husband has never let me touch one before, and why most men I know get all excited about the prospect of owning their own power washer.

A big thanks to my friend Lisa who let me borrow their power washer. Although I have no prior power washing experience, I figured if my dear friend Karen (who did not learn to pump gas until after college) can handle her family's deck maintenance, I definitely had to give it a try.

As I told Hon, "If I do a horrible job, we simply hire someone to do it after all."

Oh, baby, I've found a whole new skill set. I have a feeling that my yearly deck power washing and re-sealing will be a highlight of the spring cleaning season. I can even put it on my stay-at-home-mom resume. It would of course go under specialty skills, not under necessary skills like: wipes noses, does homework, sews costumes, soothes childhood angst, looks for lost items, all while cooking dinner skills.

My Stay-at-Home-Mom Specialty Skills
  • Spreads dump trucks full of mulch each spring
  • Solves electricity and circuit breaker issues caused by...
  • Outdoor Christmas lighting schemes
  • blows up and repairs small appliances at inopportune moments
  • assembles furniture
  • deck power washing for fun and entertainment
One small note of caution to anyone else who tries their hand at power washing. Umm...as you power wash small bits of debris will start to cover your feet and legs. Rinsing your legs and feet off with aforementioned power washer...not your best idea. I only wish I could remember that little tidbit of wisdom.

Anyone willing to take bets on how many times I pulverize my toes today???

No comments: