Thursday, April 3, 2008

Washington's Cherry Trees in Full Bloom



My aunt emailed me this morning and asked if the cherry trees were as beautiful in person as they are on TV.

My answer was, "Uhhh???"

So I drove downtown this afternoon to take my first gander at our nation's cherry trees in peak blossom.

Yes, they were beautiful.

The most beautiful part was that I completed the round trip adventure in 1 hour and 6 minutes.

Needless to say, I did not get out of the car.


That would explain this picture.

I'd love to take the kids back next week and actually, you know, get out of the car. But we'll see. At this point, I'm going to have to come up with a pretty good bribe to get them downtown. I wonder if the all you can eat Cici's Pizza Buffet would do the trick? It could be a lost cause, because I'm pretty sure the last 2 times we dragged them downtown with the relatives to wait as their grandparents read every written word in a Smithsonian, I promised we wouldn't go back for a very long time.

Maybe if we take the Metro and let the boys hang from the overhead bars as it starts and stops, I could get them there. However, at that point the Metro Cops might kick us off the Metro permanently, and we'd have no way home.
Oh, this trip is going to take planning, conniving, and superior mom intelligence. A few prayers from the peanut gallery would never hurt.

No comments: