Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Am SOOO Loved

The kids have been sick this week. Allergy season is hitting us hard along with a lovely case of strep throat.

We all know, that when you're sick you just want your mom. You just want someone to love on you and make you feel better.

As we stood in front of the pharmacist's counter this morning Birdie leaned into me and clung on to me with one of those hugs that's really just of way of holding her up. She looked up at me with those sweet eyes and said,

"Mom, I love you. I don't want you to ever die."

As I smiled back at her and began to formulate a loving of reply; in her next breath she added,

"But what would I get?"

Bada-bing, bada-bam

Thank you, folks, I'll be here all week taking abuse from the peanut gallery.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

At the risk of sounding stalker-like...I wanted to ask if I could link to your blog.
I recently did a google search for ice-breakers for an upcoming MOPS meeting I'm planning. I came across your entry from the beginning of the school year and browsed some of your other posts.
Your writing is refreshing and brings me joy. No kidding.
I will not link you without your permission, as I would expect the same respect.