Saturday, September 13, 2008

Adding Skills to My Resume One Chuckle at A Time

There have been many stinky moments figuritively, realistically, and all the -ly's inbetween in the last 2 1/2 weeks. However, that makes our funny moments all that more enjoyable and laughable. Granted, we laugh at some inappropriate times at this point because laughing feels better than crying sometimes.

This morning I have entertained myself greatly.

I decided it was time to edge the yard. The boys were mowing and certainly I could handle edging with a weed eater.

Certainly...in an alternative universe maybe.

It only took me about 5 minutes to get the weed eater started. I was pleased things had started on a high note. I then proceeded to "edge" along the driveway. That is if your definition of "edge" means to throw dirt, grass, and weeds onto our roof while digging a trench. I definititely was getting the hang of "edging."

As I created yet another curlicue swirl in my husband's grass I looked up to him standing in our front doorway.

He did not look as impressed as I felt.

He was not laughing with glee like I was.

"I don't know what the h*$$ I'm doing," I called out.

He agreed with me there.

So I got a quick tutorial in edging. I'm pretty sure I didn't follow the instructions. I'm also pretty sure I won't be giving up this life of leisure I'm living to become a professional landscaper. In fact, I'm pretty sure Hon's going to feel up to edging sooner than he should.

At least I find myself funny.

No comments: