Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rambling Like Usual

We are starting to feel a little normal around here again. I am approaching my usual level of craziness and feel like myself.

Welcome back me!

You know how you always hear about those strong, women who hold up so well in crisis. They remain spirit filled, graceful, and composed.

All illusions of being a little bit like those women went out the window during the last few weeks.

I think I've handled many things reasonably well in the past 5 years. But this little escapade jerked my feet right out from under me. I don't ever care to go through something like this again. And in the back of my mind, I know we've been so lucky. Hon feels stronger and better each day. This will not drag out for years. We're not searching for a cure. But it has been scary, terrifying, frustrating, and painful.

YUCK!

I stinks to watch the one you love go through pain, and know there will be more necessary pain on the road to wellness.

Hon's surgeon, who we're getting to know all too well, commented that you know it's love when the healthy spouse hurts as much as the one having the procedure. I hurt for Hon, but we can agree that what he's going through hurts much more than my empathy.

All that yuckiness aside, I am feeling like me again. The numbness is fading, my tears are subsiding, and gratefulness and a feeling of God's presence is returning. What I realized this morning is that you can't start to process an event in your life until you're past it. Sometimes as God carries you through you can trust in his love for you and know He hears your prayers even if don't know you're praying.

No comments: