Monday, November 26, 2007

I May Post My Thanksgiving Gratitudes By Christmas

I finally found a gear a little faster than slothful about 4 pm today. By 4:30 I was all ready for a real post about the Thanksgiving weekend and all the wonderful things for which I am grateful. But first I decided to turn on the outside Christmas lights.

And now I'm sitting here with my big girl "can" of Mommy juice without the beautiful Christmas lights twinkling from the rain outside my window.

I think the rain could have been part of the problem. Plugging new lights together with wet plugs was probably not a good idea. Or the cheap net lights I have may have shorted out in the rain. Who knows??? I do know I ran up and down the basement stairs approximately 47 times hitting the reset on the outlet in the basement every time the outside plug shorted. I would like to know who planned the connection between those 2 outlets together with the reset in the basement. No lover of Christmas lights, I'm sure.

So, what I'm thankful for today, 4 days after the day set aside for Thankfulness, turkey, and family is that the plug tripped its circuit rather than starting an electrical fire before dinner, in the dark, with a light drizzle outside.

Maybe I'm starting to get being "thankful in all circumstances," but probably not.

I have concluded that this post does not have the reverent tone I wanted to list the many things for which I am deeply grateful. Maybe that's what happens when I rush to light the Christmas lights before giving thanks for the many blessings in my life.

No comments: