Saturday, January 5, 2008

Linking Blueberries, Riverdance, and Eat, Pray, Love

I made blueberry muffins this morning.

I know, hold the horses, and pick yourself off the floor. I baked! From a box of course.

The point is, as I was gently lifting the smoking hot muffins out of the pan, my daughter was beside me doing the I-can't-wait-to-eat-a-muffin-dance. It looked a lot like the chimps doing Riverdance to me.

As she danced about in excitement and impatience she said, "Mom, I want the muffin with the MOST blueberries, because blueberries are soooo good!"

And I had the opening of my post...

Because don't we all want the MOST goodness in our lives. Oh, we may go about it completely the wrong way, but what we each want is the MOST goodness. The MOST love, the MOST happiness, the MOST joy, the MOST peace. Unfortunately we sometimes confuse ourselves by thinking if we have the MOST stuff or the MOST attention, we'll have the MOST love that we desire.

We can look so many places for that inner peace and love we are hardwired to desire. Often the last place we look is to God who lives in our hearts and changes our lives. Calling us to love him, so he can fill us with a love that never ends.

I finished reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert the other day. While I do not claim to subscribe to all her thoughts on God and life, I found many quotes in her book worth marking such as this one.

"Imagine the universe is a great spinning engine," he said. "You want
to stay near the core of the thing - right in the hub of the wheel - not
out at the edges where all the wild whirling takes place, where you get can
(sic) frayed and crazy. The hub of calmness - that's your heart.
That's where God lives within you. So stop looking for answers in the
world. Just keep coming back to that center and you'll always find peace."


We are made in God's image, and He is a part of us. If we seek him with all our hearts we will find him...in our hearts.

"You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

Have a great weekend. Enjoy all the goodness that God provides in your life.

No comments: