Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Compassion International is in Uganda!

Compassion International has sent a team of 15 Christian bloggers to Uganda for a week. If you have some time please check out their blogs. I promise your heart will be touched. Mine has been changed. You can link to the entire list of bloggers here, just scroll down a little. Sophie, aka BooMama, and Shannon, aka Rocks In My Dryer, are bloggers I read everyday. I really enjoyed Ragamuffin's videos. I checked them all out yesterday, and I am impatiently waiting for today's updates.

I'm guilty of having blinders on to the poverty in our world.

For $32 a month a child's life is completely changed. Just $32 dollars. How many ways do I blow through $32 in a month? How many ways that do not change my life or enrich it?

Think about it. Make a list about it. PRAY about it.

I know many people that contribute to diverse organizations. I know our family does. However this has touched my heart and opened my eyes to the greater world.

One of Compassion International's goals is to sponsor 500 more children. Sponsoring a child helps his/her entire family. The child receives help with education, healthcare, social skills, and Christian training. I pray they exceed their goal.










I copied these pictures from Compassions Flickr page. I really hope that's legal. :)

No comments: