Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another Day Another Trip to the Doctor

Hello. My name is Katie. I am 39 years old. Not yet 40, just 39. Until a month ago, I was a pretty healthy 39 year young woman. My hip aches since the birth of our baby 10 years ago, but hey, we all have some aches. Right?

Today, I am headed out to pick up two old lady prescriptions. A month ago, my biggest worries about turning 40 was what kind of new wrinkle cream to try and should I cut my hair short again or would I look ridiculous trying to grow it long.

I looked at my doctor this morning and said, "What the ?????" I haven't been in here 4 times in the last 4 years. I've been to the doctor 5 times in 8 days, I have an irritated hiatal hernia that you keep reminding me happens with age, and now you're telling me I have to come back in two weeks to see if this blood pressure medicine you're prescribing works.

I'm really glad he didn't check my blood pressure right then.

The good news is that I can take both my old lady pills together. Then I can have a nice warm cup of tea. Not coffee, of course. Boy that sure does make me look forward to getting up each morning. Of course as my dear husband keeps reminding me aging is better than not aging. I personally think my genes have already signed me up for AARP.

This hernia better feel better soon, because if I get any other old lady news I'm going to need a drink.

No comments: