Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Day???

I love, love, love a snow day.

A couple of weeks ago beautiful big flakes came down just as Fred headed off for the bus. The weather report let me know that the suddenly white grass would soon be green again, but I just wanted to put on a heavier sweater and cuddle up on the couch for the day. Even though the roads only got wet we took today as a snow day. It looks like I might be getting a real one tomorrow.

There's something restorative about a snow day. (That is if your kids can put on their own snow clothes.) Our schedules are so busy, and we have so many MUST do's that I love the opportunity to be forced to stay home. The world is washed clean, and the noise of traffic muffled under the beauty of white. I really look forward to the chance to sit in silence and watch the snow fall for a day.

Enjoy! Of course, I need the roads to be clear by 1pm tomorrow. (More about that later.) Luckily Hon grew up in Rochester and loves to leave the first tire tracks anywhere. He might just get that chance.

No comments: