Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Sign of Aging

Not too long ago I vainly prayed that God would help me realize when my stomach was full so I would stop over eating. Boy if the last month was God's answer, I beg forgiveness for my vanity.

I've been having a little tummy trouble lately. And no, I am not pregnant. Funny how the doctor never asked that question while I listed my complaints. I guess as the mother of three he figured I know the difference between morning sickness and this new pain and nausea.

One thing I've learned during this little episode is that everyone has their own tummy story. As a woman who until recently had a stomach of steel, I didn't realize that so many people go through some stomach/intestinal distress. I'm pretty sure this is one of the less publicized joys of aging. Everyone hears so much about gray hair, wrinkles, aching backs and joints, weight gain with age...however tummy troubles are pretty quiet.

Another lesson on life's journey. Sometimes your body changes unexpectedly. I'm very thankful for a little purple pill that's allowing me to eat again. Today the doctor will take a look inside and try to figure out what's going on. I'm feeling so much better with this new medicine I'm pretty sure all will be well soon.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Praying you are all better soon!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you and praying for you all day. I hope all goes well! Love you!