Monday, March 23, 2009

Trying to Memorize Scripture

Memorizing scripture has been on my heart for a while. However, every time I consider trying to memorize scripture I told myself I just couldn't. It would be impossible. Yet this morning when I picked up my stack of index cards where I jot favorite scriptures, I realized today was the day to start. The one on top was a perfect one for my day today.

Above all, let me love others deeply, for love covers a multitude of sins. Let me use whatever gift I have received, faithfully administering your grace in its various forms. Let me serve with the strength that you provide, so in all things you, O Lord, receive the credit and the glory. 1 Peter 4:8-11

I even memorized where the scripture is found. Amazing.

I've also realized that I could. I just didn't want to put forth the effort. In that, I was disobedient to the urging of the Spirit. I also know that listening and following God's urging will bring His blessing to my life. This isn't a hard task to avoid; it's a celebration of God's living word in my life. Thank You, Lord!

No comments: