Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Here a Glove, There a Glove

My Works for Me Wednesday tip this week is one of my favorite bits of organization ever. EVER!!!



Do you have that basket of gloves and hats in your closet? Does the sight of snow initially make you jump in joy and then wallow on the floor because you know the kids will throw gloves, hats, and scarves everywhere looking for two gloves that match or even fit? I finally solved that problem at my house.



TA-DA



I use a clear shoe organizer to store our gloves, hats, and scarves. The kids can find their gloves all by themselves, usually without all the rest of the gloves thrown on the floor. And that my friend is a little slice of heaven.

My laundry room/mud room is very small as you can see. There's just enough room behind the door from the garage for hooks for backpacks and coats. This is the door to the kitchen (which usually stands wide open). The gloves are out of sight, yet organized and ready to do their job. That's what Works for Me. Head over to Shannon's and check out other Works for Me Wednesday ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I started doing this for baby supplies, and now we do this for SHOES! Oh how I love your idea, but where will I put all the shoes? We have a small shelf to keep our daily shoes on right by the door, and we don't have many shoes (my husband has more than I do!) but we fill up the bags. I love the idea of putting the mittens and everything in there, perhaps we could put those on another door just for the winter.

Anonymous said...

By the way, your post is not linked correctly in WFMW which is probably why I'm the first to reply.