Monday, December 17, 2007

Reality Check

I spoke too soon.

You know what that means.

Sunday, mid-afternoon, I was talking to my dear friend as she was frantic about the holidays. She had come to the realization that this year was going to be like every other year. As much as she wants a calm, peaceful Christmas - the busyness and stress were getting to her, and she could see just more of the same for the next week and a half.

Me - oh, I said I was fine. The tree had been sitting in our house for a week without being decorated, and it was no problem. I have 6 relatives coming for 6 days - no problem. The shopping wasn't finished - no problem. It would be what it would be.

Uh, yeah, that lasted another 2 hours - when suddenly the reality of the tree, all I have to do in the next week, and the fact that we've had something every night for 2 weeks already with a full week in front of us crashed down on me. And then the Tree lights were tangled...

I called my friend back and said,

"I spoke too soon."

No comments: