Monday, December 3, 2007

How Do You Say, "Five?"

We spent the weekend at my dad's farm.

Aahhh...

After relaxing, walking, playing, and relaxing some more, I didn't even mind the 5 hour drive so much. Especially since Hon drove it all. There's nothing like home. I hear the twang and it is a balm to my soul.

What's funny is that I hear that twang so clearly now. We went out for Barbecue Saturday night and the hostess asked, "Table for how many?"

I said, "Five."

She repeated back, "Fiii-ah."

I said, "That's riii-iii-aaa-ght."

And then laughed at my new northern accent and the way I now say, "Five." I'm sure any of my friends here in Nova would beg to differ about my northern accent. They might admit that they've gotten used to my twang, but I'm pretty sure they still hear the twang.

I hope they always do.

No comments: