Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday, Friday, Friday

I just love Friday. I still adore Fridays even though I'm not currently working outside the home. My love of Fridays started during my last job as a teacher. Every Friday at the end of circle time I and all my students performed the Friday Dance. Individual creativity was highly admired. I still sing the song I made up to go with the dance.

Friday, Friday, Friday
Friday, Friday, Friday
Friday, Friday, Friday

And so and so forth, until I or my assistant or too many of the kids fell over from exhaustion. It one of the highlights of our week.

Fridays are still fun. During the school year my own children take a day off from homework. Any mom who supervises 3 kids doing homework daily, knows that's cause for celebration in itself. It's a special family night. We watch a movie or play a game. And usually my husband and I get a few moments alone.

It's one of last two weekends of the summer. Tonight we'll sit on our back deck, swat the mosquitoes, eat more appetizers than dinner, maybe we'll just have appetizers for dinner, and play a family game. As the stars come out I'm sure my husband and I'll head to bed, because we are such party animals.LOL.

No comments: