Sunday, August 19, 2007

Thankful Sunday

I thought I'd start something special for Sundays. Seeing as it's such a special day and all.


This will be my first "Thankful Sunday."


Hopefully, I will come up with a better name, but I think you get the idea.


So without further ado, here are my 10 thankful things for this week.


Okay, a little ado. Since this is my first "Thankful Sunday" some of these will be bigger than what I imagine will follow in the weeks to come.


10 Things I'm Thankful For...

  1. That I've actually discovered that truly personal, day to day relationship with God.

  2. For the love of my life, my dear sweet husband. God has answered prayers on this one. We are keeping God at the center of our marriage just makes it sweeter and sweeter. I just can't explain how God can enrich your marriage. My husband is a man I admire. He keeps me honest and loves me deeply. And he can fix a lawnmower!!!

  3. Of course, next I am thankful for my children. My brother asked me about having kids not too long ago and I shared that I have wanted children since I was a child myself. My entire purpose and longing in this life has been to be a mother. The crazy part is that I'm not too sure I'm doing it very well most days. But I am grateful beyond all measure for this opportunity. I love each of my children immensely and wish for more time for them individually, but love how much they love each other.

  4. I am thankful for my life long friends. They know who they are. I could not make it through 24 consecutive hours without you. There is such peace knowing I have friends that love me no matter what, because they know me so well that the stupid things I do don't really surprise them.

  5. I am so thanful for the new friends God has provided here in Northern Virginia. These are amazing women that already had a great circle of friends. Yet, they have accepted me and include me. They don't know my joy when they ask me to coffee.


  6. Ooooo, #6 and I haven't mentioned food. CANTALOUPE. I absolutely love it. I can actually replace dessert for me. I definitely need to get off my ice cream kick and back on my cantaloupe kick to get rid of this jelly-belly.

  7. And that brings us to chocolate. All of us need just a little taste. I could wax on and on about my favorite types but let's save that for a brain freeze day.

  8. That God answers prayers and leaves the ones that need to be unanswered - unanswered.

  9. That God gives us time for growth. He doesn't answer all our prayers and doesn't always speak loudly and clearly for us. It is during these times that we grow and hopefully grow closer to him. We seek Him. Love Him. Need Him. Get frustrated and really ask for some answers!!! And still seek Him. Yeah, this is me right now. But I know that my God loves me.
  10. For electric knives. How I made it through 13 years of marriage and feasts without one, I don't know. I sure am glad I have one now. I love the little noise it makes and how it cuts through London Broil like melted butter.

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments: