Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A New Dessert

For those days when you just can't wait for something tasty to come out of the oven I have found a new sinful pleasure.

EDY' DIBS!!!

Have you tried them? They're delicious. My favorite is chocolate. I knew you'd never guess that. You can check them out here. Oh, my goodness, I didn't know there were all those delicious types.

We picked them up last week when a friend pointed them out at the grocery store. The four kids at our house that afternoon and I finished that first little container in oh, about 5 minutes. When Little Dude tried to have seconds after dinner that night I had to tell him,

"They're long gone, baby. 5 minutes after we walked in the house gone."

We found a faster way to eat them yesterday. We went to the grocery store starving, so we each had a little taste of a Dib as we got in the car. I love an ice cream that you can pick up and pop in your mouth with your fingers.

I am proud to report that we still have Dibs left in our house after about 18 hours. Not, many but at least one serving. Of course, we did buy two containers on this shopping trip. The kids like the Nestle Crunch Dibs. I still adore the chocolate ones. Before my husband bit into one he asked while drooling slightly,

"Is this peanut butter?"

Alas, it was not, which stopped the drooling immediately. I informed him that if he too can behave at the grocery store, there are peanut butter Dibs for the bribing.

I promise I'll blog about something besides food at some point...

No comments: