Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lawns and Love

We've been going through a season of life lately where we ask,

"What else can go wrong?"

And then we quickly kick ourselves, because we know that just by asking that stupid question we are sure to find the answer and all too quickly.

Today, it was the lawnmower.

AAAGGGHHH!!!

It really wasn't so horrible. Just one more little thing on what seems like a humongous pile.

Seeing that both my husband and I seem to remember buying this lawnmower not so long ago, my hubby jumped in his truck and headed to Lowes. A dangerous, dangerous thing.

I didn't even have the nerve to ask if he was buying a new lawnmower and ceremoniously cramming the old one in the trashcan or simply trying to fix the old one.

A little later my love reappeared with high hopes of fixing the lawn mower himself.

I knew it was time for some serious prayer.

You would be so proud of me. I was such the supportive wife. I sat on a little stool beside him as he worked. I located various screwdrivers for him and handed him the appropriate tools. I really enjoyed our bonding over the blankedy-blank-blank lawnmower. However, the best was still to come.

I wish you could have seen the look of boyish joy when he started that lawnmower up, and it just purred.

PUURRREDD, I tell you.

It's a picture I hold in my heart.

No comments: