Monday, August 20, 2007

More Blackberry Cobbler

The Little Dude and I spent some quality time together yesterday.

He held on to my foot as a dragged him across the floor, because he thinks its just hilarious.

I squealed and yelled, "No, No, Mommy has things to do!" as he took off my shoes and tickled my feet.

We played Boggle and he won a few rounds. (I helps that I don't do any 3 letter words, and he can have all he can figure out.)

I read more chapters of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows aloud to him in one day than I ever want to again.

And finally we made MORE blackberry cobbler.

It was GOOD. GOOD, I tell you!!!

So, you can imagine my face when my husband uncovered it for his dessert and found it half gone.

"Who had dessert already?" he asked.

"We were just taste-testing," I guiltily replied, not mentioning that Little Dude only had one taste, and I personally had lost count.

You know what I did next? I had dessert again. Then, I asked my husband to encourage me to walk this morning, because fall is coming and I might want to fit in my jeans.

I really want to go pick more blackberries before they're gone, but I know it'll just lead to more cobbler. Oh, I really don't want to go through the horror of buying new, bigger jeans....

1 comment: