Thursday, October 4, 2007

Clogging My Arteries

If I am going to gain weight and clog my arteries, McDonald's Double Cheeseburger here I come.

Oh, the greasy, cheesy goodness. And for just a buck!

I was so excited once I decided to hit the drive-thru I called my friend Lynne to tell her what time it was, and what I was doing. I know she wishes she was in my passenger seat. Our friendship is held together by a lot more than time hitting the drive-thrus, but oh the deep philosophical discussions we have had while driving and eating food that was terrible for us.

Well, maybe we were really just driving around with the kids strapped in their car seats and enjoying the fast food of the day. But I'm sure we must have had at least one deep conversation on one of those trips. I know it's one of many things I miss about not living in the same city anymore. It takes a little more planning for those impromptu trips these days. But you can be sure when ever we visit each other, a McDonald's drive-thru is on the itinerary.

No comments: