Thursday, October 4, 2007

Swords and Little Boys

Why, oh, why did I do it?

I knew it was a bad idea. And yet, the biggest plastic sword on the Halloween aisle went right into our cart. I even launched into a debate with my son about the best sword for me to buy him. I voted for the one with cool scroll work around the handle to protect his hand while he and his brother dueled. The Dude voted for the biggest sword.

Here it is, all 48 inches of plastic weaponry.






My boys are now chasing each other through out the house - dueling. Every once in a while it stops while one pleads, "Don't tell Mom. It was an accident."

They know the swords could be banished at any time. I think I need to banish my brain for buying another plastic sword.

Is it better for them to play video games or run around with plastic swords pretending duel? Virtual carnage, backyard carnage?

Oh, yes, I know. I'm earning a D as a mother today. You can join me. It's easy. Take a stroll down the Halloween aisle at Target. Did I tell you I got to spend time looking at books and buying a new nightgown after the sword acquisition? It's all about planning the route around the store. I think it might take more than a sword to gain time to look at jeans.

No comments: