Thursday, October 18, 2007

Days We'd Like to Forget

Moaning...
Groaning...
Gnashing of teeth...

Sound interesting. Probably not, but that's almost all the details I care to forget about yesterday. Not a stellar day in my book. Perhaps the comedy in the what I call my life will emerge today and a more positive post with a giggle or two may be written. But at this point it's still mainly, moaning, groaning, and gnashing of teeth.

And yet, there were beams of light from my children.

God bless, Fred, for rescuing the kitchen from the backpack explosion that occurs every afternoon. He did a better job than I do most days. Oh, I love that boy.

God bless, The Dude for trying every trick he knew in the book to make his mom laugh or at least crack a smile. Finally, he resorted to actually finishing his homework. Big smile for that one.

And in trying to be in the spirit of being thankful for all things, but truly not quite there yet - thanks to the lady in my Bible study who told me I needed to refer to scripture more as we were discussing someone else's question. It truly hurt at the time. I'm still steaming. I will not forget this comment for a while. And yet, reading the Bible last night brought a peace that nothing else could. :-)

2 comments:

randi said...

I think it is good to at least try to be thankful when something bad happens. It always leads to better things than the alternative!

I hope your day is better today!

Memarie Lane said...

Your kids sound great. I think I'm very lucky to have kids to keep me in check with their innocence and good intentions. And you are a better woman than I to be thankful to that woman.