Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Last Minute Halloween Costumes

Amazingly there are some of us in this world who think about Halloween costumes at about 4 pm on Halloween. Add to that a child who can't make up his mind until after school on Halloween, and you have a mom with a few last minute Halloween Costume ideas. Without further ado here are a few we've tried.
  • One year my son dressed all in green, and I painted his face with green craft paint. He was a swamp monster. The paint didn't hurt his face and came off easily. Although I'm sure it would have irritated my sensitive-skinned son.
  • One year my Husband dressed in a dark suit, sunglasses, and carried a silver pen light flashlight - aka Men in Black.
  • My black graduation robe has become a wizard's robe in mere minutes. Add a stick for a wand and last year we simply knotted a long piece of cloth as a cloak.
  • My husband's favorite costume was the year he carried a long white stick, wore sunglasses and wore a sign around his neck that said, "I'm from Venice." He was a Venetian Blind.
  • I heard about a woman who dressed all in pink and carried a feather. She was tickled pink. I think I might use that one this year.
  • Of course there's always the Christmas Tree option. Dress in green, wrap lights around yourself, and stand near an outlet at the party.
  • Grab a few leaves from the back yard and tape or glue them on - instant leaf pile.
  • A few more ideas are here - tons, here's a squid with step by step instructions, and this site includes pictures.

Have a great Halloween! Enjoy more Works for Me Wednesday tips at Rocks In My Dryer.

No comments: