Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Microwavable Breakfasts?



One guess for which muffin bar Birdie tried to microwave.

Ding-ding-ding, we have a winner, the zapped, metallic-electrical-fire-with-an-undertone-of-blueberry smelling bar to the left.


I am truly amazed that our microwave keeps zapping and smoking things without completely blowing every circuit in our house. Today's event (yes, there have been other events) caused much screaming as Birdie witnessed the electrical storm in the microwave. I wonder if it emitted any dangerous rays??? Maybe Birdie will now possess some amazing microwavable super power? Maybe she'll grow up and become a household appliance guru, unlike her mother. Sad to say at this point she, I, and the microwave are not on good terms.

I do understand her confusion and why she tried to nuke the blueberry muffin bar. Last week I bought a few new types of no-motherly-interaction breakfast food. Let's just say, I'm not a breakfast cooking type mom, instead of calling me lazy. Okay? Anyhoo, I bought these Oatmeal to Go Apples & Cinnamon Bars which you open the end of the package and microwave for 10 seconds. The kids liked them okay.

I also bought the Blueberry & Oats Muffin Bars, which say on the front of the box "Tastes Great WARM!"

Birdie tried to warm a bar. You've seen the results. Of course on the side of the box, it says, "Do not place wrapper in microwave." We really could have used that bold print statement on the front of the box near the "Tastes Great WARM!" statement.

The Dude was really upset that he missed the microwave lightening. Why do I have the feeling he'll need to recreate the storm?

Our poor microwave.

No comments: