Monday, October 22, 2007

The Trials and Tribulations of Laundry

That screaming mother you heard about half an hour ago? It was me. I'll own it. I'll also fill you in that I'm pretty sure my head spun around about six times during the outrage. While I don't enjoy losing my temper, I'm hoping there's a spot of sunshine in this story. As in I hope and pray my daugher won't ever cram all her clean clothes into the dirty clothes hamper again.

That would be the clothes that I struggle to get washed, dried, possibly re-dried to get rid of some wrinkles, folded, hauled back upstairs, and sorted into her room. The clothes that she decided she rather lay on her bed and cry about than put away before she went outside to play.

While she was weeping like she was Cinderella and I was her evil step-mother on a bad day, I popped in her room to grab the dirty laundry from her hamper. I was surprised it was so full seeing as I had done laundry 3 days ago. Oooo, and then I realized I was pulling clean laundry out of the hamper.

Her only defense - she didn't know she wasn't supposed to do that.

Yes, don't we wish stupidity covered all our mistakes.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I am so glad I'm not the only one that goes through this!!! She, however, doesn't have a hamper in her room so she will walk all over the clean clothes until I come in there screaming that I KNOW she didn't wear that so why is it on the floor? HAHAHAHA! I once asked her if she liked seeing me do laundry and is that why I'm washing clean clothes???
Great post!