Monday, October 15, 2007

Interpreting Your Dreams

I'm feeling overwhelmed this morning. And believe me, I really don't think I have that much going on in my life to feel overwhelmed, but I do. Therefore, on some level I must be. Overwhelmed that is.

Am I making any sense? No worries, there's no cohesion in my thoughts today, so I'm pretty sure there's not going to be a lot of flow to my writing. You have been warned.

After several nights, 4 to be exact, of disturbing dreams with weird images that I've Googled, I finally had a dream that I didn't have to look up. I awoke from my dream and said, "Oh, that one I understand. I'm overwhelmed."

Next, question. "By what?"

Unfortunately, I think I have that one figured out also. I just don't like the answer so much. It's the old story of trying too hard to be in control of our own lives. Taking the weight of things that are not mine to carry on my shoulders. Thinking I have the power to do things, when only God does.

So how do I balance my worries? How do I stop this underlying feeling of being overwhelmed and not good enough? 'Cause, I'm really ready for a good night's sleep.

I'm taking a quiet day at home. I started my day in prayer, and I have a feeling it might be an entire day of calling out to the Lord, asking Him to explain what I'm not getting. I'm going to clean my bedroom, because maybe it's just the pile of clean sheets and the ironing board that I never take down, that's disturbing my slumber. And what I'd really like to do is paint. I'm sure I'll be rusty, and I have no idea what I'll paint besides those beautiful pears in my refrigerator. But hopefully, a little art therapy will silence the invisible demons that have brought about this funk.

No comments: