Monday, September 3, 2007

Mom's Prayer for First Day of School

The first day of school is tomorrow morning. As always I have my worries and prayers for my children and their school year. I thought I'd share a few prayers I've found for the start of a great year!

Dear Heavenly Father,
Praise to you, God of beginnings, for bringing us to another school year. Bless our children on this first day of classes as they rejoin old friends and makes new ones. Make their learning this year a joy for our children and for their classmates. Keep their school and playground free from violence. Bless their teachers each day with patience and a loving heart to see and bring out the best in our children. We ask this through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen.


Shannon posted this prayer at Rocks in My Dryer a few weeks ago when her children started school.


A Mother's Prayer On the First Day of School


Here we are again, Lord. Their backpacks are loaded and
their faces are scrubbed and their lunch accounts are full.

And I know you'll walk with them, Lord. You always
do. But a mom still has to ask.

Will You walk with them? Will You whisper to them
what they need to hear, when I'm not there to whisper it?

Will You please, oh please, cover their school with the
protection only You can give, and will You keep harm far away?

Will You make their minds strong and ready to learn?
Will You help them understand that hard work honors the One who created
them?

Will You guide their teachers, giving them patience and
wisdom and creativity and more patience? Will You bless them for their
efforts?

Will You love all those children there, the ones whose
lunch accounts aren't full, the ones who feel alone? Will You teach my
children to be kind and unselfish and to love those who are different from
them?

Will You point them back toward home just as soon as you
can?

Lord, I give them to You today and everyday, trusting them
to Your care.
Amen.

May your day be blessed with peace and joy. May this also be the beginning of a great school year for your children.

No comments: