Monday, September 17, 2007

Laziness Pays Off

I'm not very good at several things. More things than I actually care to think about. More things than could ever be listed. For example, I stink at returning things. My husband simply laughs when I say, "Oh, yeah, I'm returning that."

He knows that the item in question will lay in various locations around our house and could even ride around in the back of our car for months. It will not be returned.

This morning, my laziness paid off.

Last year in the search of pants for a son that refuses to spend anytime in a clothing store other than pushing his mother out of the clothing store, I bought several pairs that were too big for him. Yesterday, his jeans from last year were in a serious flood zone. Fred, of course, had no concept of the serious fashion blunder of high-waters. Luckily for his middle school self esteem, his mother well remembers wearing high-waters for months at a time. I dug through the closet and found an abandoned bag at the bottom.

Pants! Pants that were long enough!!!

Yeah, Mom!

Finally, a flaw that isn't so bad.

No comments: