Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence Day!!!

Happy 4th of July everyone! I hope everyone has a great day eating, napping, swimming, and celebrating. As recent additions to the greater Washington, DC area we're feeling even more festive and patriotic this year.

We're going to our very first block party. I've made a great cake, deviled eggs, and the kids (only the youngest will actually do this) get to decorate their bikes for a neighborhood bike parade. Call me "Apple Pie" and I couldn't feel anymore American today.


I hope you have a great celebration where ever you are today. Here are a few pictures from previous trips downtown. I think Washington, DC is a beautiful city.


The National Archives building. It was our first stop with my Godson last week. He's only seen National Treasure about 76 times, so this was his highlight. I'd show you a picture of the Declaration of Independence, but if you've been to the Archives you know they keep it really dark inside. It sure makes for excellent photo ops.

Last September we saw the President land on the front lawn of the Whitehouse. Another highlight day! We were at the top of the hill beside the Washington Monument when the three helicopters circled, and one landed.

Finally, the Jefferson Memorial, because it's my favorite. I have loved it since I was a child being dragged around DC in the August heat by my parents each summer on our way to visit relatives.

No comments: