Monday, July 30, 2007

Too Many Chiefs

Boy, oh boy, talk about too many chiefs in the house.

We're on vacation with my husband's brother, sister, parents and all the kids. And I have learned an important rule. Let me make that "re-learned" an important rule. I had forgotten it, because I had not run into this situation in a while.

The chief that throws the biggest hissy fit usually gets their way. Let me also say that the hissy fit can be thrown by any gender.

Now, let me admit. I like being the chief myself. I usually have a plan, and I tend to think my plan is a Great Plan! However, I do try to take in to consideration everyone else's needs.

Apparently, not to the satisfaction of the other chiefs in the house.

Good Gracious!!! Families!!!

Gotta love 'em, stuck with them forever.

Can't we all play nice?

I will also admit I can throw my own hissy fit when the right situation arrives. Or I can pout.

I'm praying for lots of good weather, that the children continue to be angels, the adults get their panties out of a wad, and that my vacation improves every minute I'm here.

I think I'm going to need some help with those prayers. Please pray along, i could use the help.

2 comments:

Tam said...

Yeah, been there with the family vacation thing. Can be ugly.

Meg said...

I'll pray with and for you...been there with my own family vacations...I also pray that it improves with every minute you are there and that the Lord will give you lots of mercy for the other grown-ups who may not be acting their age=) Blessings, Meg