Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Worth the Wait

As my blog title might suggest, I love flowers. Our next door neighbor of our very first house dubbed me Lillie Appleseed, because I was always in the yard digging and planting. There's quite a bit of farming blood in me, and the overwhelming joy that fills me when I simply dig in the dirt still amazes me. I am so glad that God makes himself evident in the natural world around us.

Well, we moved 4 1/2 hours north last August leaving my lovingly cultivated, begged, borrowed and graciously shared garden of flowers behind. We're not going into the trauma of hearing that the new owners decided to mow over it all. Oh, the horror!!! I can't even figure out what kind of huge mower could have mutilated my babies. Luckily, I was able to bring a few plants with me. Only a couple survived being dug up in August, hauled up 3 flights of apartment stairs, living on a balcony for 3 weeks, being dragged back down said stairs by three not so willing children, hanging out on the deck of the new house for most of the fall and surviving an incredibly cold February after a spring like January.

Today, it was all worth it.




No comments: