Monday, July 9, 2007

Morning Prayers

I drove my husband to work one morning last week due to an unfortunate incident involving replacing the air conditioner in his car. The unfortunate part is that it will cost about $1000. I consider that pretty unfortunate, but as he reminded me, “Who wants to sweat in my car all summer? Not me, not you, and definitely not the kids. It needs to be fixed.”

Anyway, back to the joyful part. As I sleepily climbed into the car beside him hugging my coffee cup and still rubbing sleep out of my eyes, he said,


“Just give me a minute to say my prayers and then we’ll talk. I’ll be quick.”

There’s the joy. Riding beside the man I love, both of us praying to the God we love. That’s big joy. I could have ridden silently praying beside him the entire drive. I hope his day was filled with the joy his words and actions gave me. His day definitely started out the right way, and he said his commute flew by. What a wonderful journey God leads us on. There was a time when he wouldn’t have let me know he was praying beside me. Yet, lately he’s initiated praying together silently and then talking about our prayers afterwards. I’m so thankful that God keeps calling us, asking us to join him in a heavenly relationship. He wants to share all aspects of our lives. I’m so thankful that we, as husband and wife, can sometimes share our love for God.

No comments: